Tuesday 22 July 2008

I lost my key... Help me find it!


When my grandmother passed away a few years ago, we inherited all sorts of things. Among them a very cute little chest of draws ("Modellkommoedchen" in German). In most of the draws there was all sorts of stuff, but one draw was chock-a-block full of keys – old, nice, beautiful keys. All sort of keys, tiny ones, skinny ones, short fat ones, big ones, elegant ones... the whole lot. Some of them even came with key-tags, some of them made sense, others not so much. But most were written in this old traditional German calligraphy style – very normal at the time, but very amazing to look at now. No one knows where the keys are from, or what use they have or if they still have a use at all. But that doesn't really matter I think, simply because they are really stunning and beautiful as they are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how beautiful!! i love family treasures like this one... i should go back to my grandparents' house and start digging out some secret artifacts!!
show me more calligraphy!
love u linkie!