Thursday 31 January 2008

'Street Art' meets Nietzsche

I saw this little piece of art... well, can we call it art? Or shall we say it is 'street art'? Some inline skater wanting to be creative again? Be that as it is, it very much has the characteristics of an 'inline skater being funny...' Anyway, it actually reminded me of an article in the Time Out Magazine (unfortunately I couldn't find it online) I was reading the other day about the 'Banksy boom' that is all around London and many other major cities. Recently this particular style of art is pushing into well established galleries, which if you think about it is a bit of a paradox, since it is 'street art'. It isn't anything new I guess, there have been plenty of similar scenarios in the past which follow the same path of development, but it is quite funny to see that happening now. As Kundera quotes Nietzsche saying that events become more and more important when they repeat themselves, implying that history is repeating itself, it is sort of similar art, Felix says. However, repeating is boring as well, so 'street art' won't stay in galleries long and might even disappear from the streets, which again is a paradox. – Oh crap, I just confused myself here...



1 comment:

der lange said...

haha...i think i got it...or not...