Sunday 27 January 2008

Lau and my birthday in the 50s

For those who have missed it, my B-day was last week. And this year you really missed out! Flip man, it was wicked! Now I keep asking myself: "Why haven't I done this more often in the past?" Well, may be because extraordinary parties, require extraordinary circumstances. This year exactly that seemed to be the case. After half a year of depressing events last year I started to get on top of things again, and after a few weeks of being in London I heard the great news of Lau coming to Europe for the winter. (For those who don't know Lau, we went to school together in Swaziland.) After trying to figure out when the best time would be to catch up in various skype sessions and chats, we thought we have to celebrate our birthday together, since we are born on the same day. So basically we are twins, just one year apart, but who cares. My father was quite surprised to find out that he in fact had a second daughter, my twin sister Lau... Anyway, having decided on the fact that we HAVE to celebrate together, we still had to find a place to do that. Timing wasn't perfect, since I would already be back at uni in mid January and my place in London is not suitable for a big party, plus, I would not see many people from my hime town Erlangen, which I didn't want to miss out on. Therefore, the only solution to the problem was that I would come home for the party (what an excellent excuse to have good beer paired with great food, hehe) and have the whole thing at my place. My dad agreed (a true champion by the way) so it was set! What followed was a relaxed and chilled out party with plenty of dancing late in the night! If you wonder why everyone looks rather funny, we had a theme for the party: choose a 50s movie character. While not everyone found a movie character, there was a 50s feeling all around.

1) Franzi and Tim
2) ooooh kiss me! Saskia and a member of the Corleone Falmily
3) Lau the butterly lady
4) "hehe, I have tea and you don't!" Mado and the butterfly
5) "I'll make him an offer he can't refuse."
6) dancing late at night/early in the morning
7) The Hockey Crew (Thodde, where are you?)

6 comments:

Lau said...

hi, my dear linkie! i can see that you've been playing around with my pics... so, i thought... why not remind him to please, please, pleaaaaase send me a dvd with my pics so that i can show them to my parents?
hehehehe by the way, sorry the conversation got cut off yesterday... i run out of credit!!! was nice hearing ur voice though! take care my darling!

Lau said...

oh dear, how rude of me, not to comment on the party! heheh
man, it was an amazing party!!! i am so lucky to have u as my twin and we are both really lucky to have such wonderful friends! it was really something that i will remember forever.
thank you so much for sharing this time with me and for making these holidays shine, even when it was cloudy and cold!!
and hey, ur dad deserves an applause too! big hugs for him too!
lots of love!
lau

Vivien said...

looks very good. what's that butterfly lady from?

"don corleone did this. don corleone did that. I say: yeaah! why not?"

current topic, as I am immerging myself in 'the godfather' book by Mario Puzo. very exciting and close to the movies.

Vivien said...

and did you ever get my present, boy?

Anonymous said...

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." hey Vivien, how are things? yep, got you present! very, very cool! thanks a million!

Vivien said...

I would have loved some pics to see you in!